Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Never-ending Journey.

Life is different things to different people. However, life is largely the same for a majority of doomed souls in this sad, scurvy and disastrous World of ours. There's the vegetable vendor , the plumber, the electrician, the telephone wireman, the Customer Service Fool at the call centre. There were some Italians during the Renaissance who got immensely wealthy on account of trading pepper and cloves. Today there are hundreds of thousands of these traders spending their entire life trading a bunch of chillies or stocks. They all have one thing in common. They all wake up each and every day to repeat what they did the previous day and Heaven Forbid something should deviate them from their customary activity.

Now I'm not suggesting everybody should pick up a violin or pluck the Strings of a Spanish Guitar. Live and let live!
I, however, have a different ideal and virtually no limits to my desire to excel.
These are just some of the things which are to be done or accomplished immediately:-

1. I need a rechargeable Fan because I hate power cuts and cannot afford my sleep to be interrupted or disturbed. I possess overly acute and sharp sense of hearing which means if the ceiling fan halts, the noisy, uncouth, uncivilized outside world becomes unendurably penetrating to my ears.

2. I need to learn French, Italian, Spanish and progress through Foundation German. Language shapes Geography and Lifestyle which in turn shape History. Without knowing the languages, one can't truly learn the history, geography and culture of a nation.

3. I have to peruse the 15 or so Vocabulary building books I own and master a large chunk of the English vocabulary while also utilizing the dozen English Dictionaries I own. I also have an intention to write the most ultimate and definitive Vocabulary Guide/Building book published or written till date. I cannot claim to be an English scholar yet, but a time will come. I know the task is arduous and exciting.

4. Until yesterday, I couldn't tell you the difference between an Ocean and a Sea, nor did I know what latitude and longitude meant. Today, I do on account of my recent acquisition and perusal of just own four ICSE-pattern geography textbooks.There are still a few more of these Textbooks I should possess within the next few months and a Glossy photopapered illustrative geography encyclopedia published by Dorling Kindersley. On account of my efforts of late,  my grasp of history has never been better.

5. I've to finish reading a book on Blogging, and also read a  couple of books on Journalism.

6. There are a dozen history books lying on my table eager to be perused by their master. Half a dozen history of English Literature and an expensive book solely devoted to the history of American Literature entitled "From Puritanism to Postmodernism" .

7. I've to prepare for a paper on Stylistics and I've barely just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How much and how eagerly can you type?